Bounce Protection – Customer Overdraft Policy
An insufficient balance can result from several events, such as (1) the payment of checks, electronic funds transfers or other withdrawal requests; (2) payments authorized by you; (3) the return of unpaid items deposited by you; (4) bank service charges; or (5) the deposit of items which, according to the bank’s Funds Availability Policy, are treated as not yet available or finally paid. We are not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient funds. However, if you maintain your account in good standing, we may approve your overdrafts within your current available Bounce Protection limit as a non-contractual courtesy. Your account is in good standing if you (1) demonstrate responsible account management — such as making regular deposits to bring your account to a positive end-of-day balance at least once every 30 days (including the payment of all bank fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts suggesting the use of Bounce Protection as a continuing line of credit, and (3) there are no legal orders, levies or liens against your account. In addition, based upon our review of your account management, if we determine you may be using Bounce Protection as a regular line of credit by creating excessive overdrafts, we may suspend the privilege without any prior notice. In the normal course of business, we generally pay electronic transactions first and then checks beginning with the highest dollar amount, per the bank’s policy. We reserve the right to change the order of payment without notice to you if we suspect fraud or possible illegal activity affecting your account. Also, please be aware that the order of item payment may create multiple overdrafts during a single banking day for which you will be charged up to the standard Insufficient Funds Charge/Insufficient Fee of $35* for each overdraft (paid or returned). You may opt out of the privilege at any time, but you are responsible for any overdrawn balances at the time of opting out. Normally, we will not approve an overdraft for you in excess of the predetermined amount assigned to your account type. So as not to exceed your limit, please note that the amount of the overdraft plus up to the standard Insufficient Funds Charge/Insufficient Fee of $35* (per item) will be deducted from the overdraft limit. We may refuse to pay an overdraft for you at any time even though we may have previously paid overdrafts for you. You will be notified by mail of any non-sufficient funds items paid or returned that you may have; however, we have no obligation to notify you before we pay or return any item. The amount of any overdraft plus up to the standard Insufficient Funds Charge/Insufficient Fee of $35* that you owe us shall be due and payable upon demand. If there is an overdraft paid by us on an account with more than one owner on the signature card, each owner and agent, if applicable, drawing/presenting the item creating the overdraft, shall be jointly and severally liable for such overdraft plus up to the standard Insufficient Funds Charge/Insufficient Fee of $35*. Bounce Protection should not be viewed as an encouragement to overdraw your account.As always,we encourage you to manage your finances responsibly. If you would like to have this service removed from your account,please call 215-322-9000 or 1-866-437-2265. Please note that your Bounce Protection limit will not be reflected in your balance provided by a teller, at the ATM, through Online Banking or 24-Hour Telephone Banking. Please note that your Bounce Protection limit may be available using traditional paper-based check processing, a teller withdrawal, an ACH transaction, a recurring point-of-sale transaction, or through Online Banking, Bill Pay, or Telephone Banking. Additionally, with the exception of our business accounts, included with proper “Opt In” documentation from a customer, we may authorize and cover transactions from a one-time use point-of-sale terminal transactions. The limit will not be included in the balance provided during an inquiry.
LIMITATIONS: Bounce Protection is a non-contractual courtesy that is available to individually/jointly owned accounts in good standing for personal or business use. Conestoga Bank reserves the right to limit participation to one account per household or business and to discontinue this service without prior notice.
*eChecking: Insufficient Funds Charge and Insufficient Fee is $35 for each itempaid or returned.
Rewards Program Disclosures
These Rules govern your participation in the Conestoga Rewards program (also referred to as the "Program"). Your participation in this Program enables you to earn points that may be redeemed for various rewards. "Cardholder" means an individual that has requested and/or received a Conestoga Bank Visa® Debit Card (also referred to as a "Card"). By using or accepting a Card, you (as a Cardholder) agree to these Rules and any changes, additions, or deletions to them. Conestoga Rewards (also referred to as your "Financial Institution") issues and administers all Cards. The Conestoga Rewards toll-free number is 1-888-RWDS-YOU (1-888-793-7968) (also referred to as the "Conestoga Rewards Service Center"). Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
RewardsNOW, Inc. manages and administers the Program. RewardsNOW and your Financial Institution are not affiliates. These Rules and Card transactions are also subject to other agreements you may have with your Financial Institution (for example, Cardholder agreements).
- The Program is offered at the sole discretion of your Financial Institution. They reserve the right to change these rules at any time, for any reason, and without notice, and this includes the right to suspend or end the program, cancel outstanding points, or change redemption of outstanding rewards. Your Financial Institution does not assume any liability whatsoever for these changes.
- Cards and related accounts may be subject to fees and charges in accordance with the applicable Cardholder agreements and fee schedules.
- In the event of Cardholder fraud, abuse of the Program privileges, or violation of the Rules (for example, any attempt to sell, exchange, or transfer points or any instrument exchangeable for points), your Financial Institution, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel your participation in the Program.
- You are responsible for any personal tax liability related to participation in the Program or as a result of points earned or redeemed.
- The Program is void where prohibited by law.
- Your Financial Institution is not responsible for managing or administering the Program or providing services under the Program. Your Financial Institution will not be responsible for errors or omissions in any Program document. Your Financial Institution will not have any liability to you or any other cardholder arising from, or related to, the services or rewards.
- You (and any other beneficiary of the Program) agree that neither your Financial Institution nor RewardsNOW will be liable for, and you release, discharge, and hold harmless your Financial Institution and RewardsNOW or anyone who acted on behalf of your Financial Institution or RewardsNOW, from any and all claims of any sort, type, kind, or nature that you may have arising out of or in any way relating to your participation in the program or its rewards – including (but not limited to) claims for or due to personal injury, property damage, accident, sickness, delay, cancellation, postponement, inconvenience, penalty, refund, or other irregularities that may occur or that may be caused by any provider of services or rewards.
- Your Financial Institution reserves the right to interpret Program Rules and policies and will be the final authority on point credits and award qualifications.
- Cardholders will earn one point for every two U.S. dollars ($2) in eligible net purchases through signature based (non-PIN) transactions made on their Conestoga Bank Visa Debit Card rounded down to the whole dollar.
- "Net purchases" are defined as the dollar value of goods and services purchased with a Card beginning with the first day of the billing cycle that includes Cardholder’s Enrollment Date, minus any credits, returns, or other adjustments as reflected on monthly billing statements.
- Transactions excluded from point calculation include the following: (a) any point of sale PIN (Personal Identification Number) transactions, except as otherwise permitted in special promotional offers; (b) any fees and card-related charges posted to a Rewards Card account, including ATM fees; or (c) tax payments or any unauthorized charges or transactions.
- Negative points will post on a statement if returns or credits exceed purchases. Points may not be purchased.
- Points may be earned only if the applicable account is in good standing. A Card account is not in good standing if closed or suspended, or if the credit limit has been exceeded. If the account is closed by either you or your Financial Institution for any reason, all points that were accumulated but unused will be forfeited immediately.
- Point accrual will begin upon the first day of the calendar month that includes the Cardholder’s Enrollment Date. No other retroactive points will be awarded.
- The number of points a Cardholder can earn in a calendar year is unlimited.
- Points earned will be credited on a monthly basis. Points may take up to 60 days to be posted following a qualifying purchase. We will provide a monthly Conestoga Rewards e-statement. If you provide an email address when registering to view your account online, you will be sent a monthly e-statement notification by email when your points are updated. The email will also contain a link to the website where you can view your current point balance. Email addresses can be updated by visiting Preferences page.
- Points will expire three years after the month in which they were earned. Points have no cash value. Points and awards are not considered your property and are generally not transferable upon death, as part of a legal settlement, or as part of a domestic relations issue.
- Points may be redeemed for a variety of rewards, as indicated in the online catalog.
- When you are ready to redeem points, visit the online catalog to select your reward or call the Conestoga Rewards Service Center for all redemption inquiries and orders.
- The point redemption levels can be found in the online catalog.
- To redeem your points for travel, visit the online catalog or call the Conestoga Rewards Service Center. You can redeem your points for a flight via our online booking page, for a Travel Rebate Certificate, or for a travel package. Restrictions may apply; see website or call for details.
- Travel Rebate Certificates must be redeemed in increments of 2,500 points with a minimum of 5,000 points. Travel Certificates can be downloaded from Travel page. By following the instructions on the Certificate, you can receive credit to your Card account. If you need assistance, you may redeem your points by calling the Conestoga Rewards Service Center. Travel Certificates may be applied toward any travel accommodations or services, with the exception of food and fuel. Certificate usage is limited to the account holder(s) identified on the Certificate. Certificates have no cash value and no cash refunds or credits will be given if the value of the travel service is less than the value of the Certificate. The issuer assumes no liability for dollars paid by account holder over and above the reward value redeemed.
- Points may be redeemed only from accounts that are open and in good standing as stated in the "Earning Points" section above.
- Points redeemed and/or expired, if applicable, will be based on a first-in, first-out basis.
- All redemptions are sent to the billing address on the account. UPS or USPS will usually deliver your item within 2-4 weeks. Shipments cannot be made to a post office box, an APO address, or outside the 50 United States. You may update your mailing address by contacting your Financial Institution.
- All rewards are subject to availability. Reward items may be discontinued or withdrawn without notice. Should an item be discontinued, it will be replaced with an item of equal or greater value or you will be advised of unavailability so that you can make an alternate selection.
- If an item arrives in damaged condition, you may return it for a replacement. Please contact 1-800-240-4814 x203 for a return authorization. Item(s) must be returned within 30 days of receipt in the original packaging. For returns of items that are not damaged, please contact the Conestoga Rewards Service Center. Return shipping charges will be paid by the participant. There is a $30 restocking fee. Item(s) must be returned within 30 days of receipt, unused and in the original packaging. Gift cards and Codes cannot be returned for any reason.
- Neither your Financial Institution nor RewardsNOW are responsible for lost or stolen correspondence, documents, or certificates.
- You, as a Cardholder, have sole responsibility for any charges over and above the stated value of a gift card or gift certificate.
Visa® SHARING Card Agreement and User Guide
This SHARING Card Agreement and User Guide (this "Agreement") is the terms and conditions governing our issuance and your use of the enclosed Visa® SHARING Card ("Card"). Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for your records. By purchasing, signing, or using the Card, or authorizing another person to use the Card, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions in this Agreement. In this Agreement, "you" and "your" mean: (a) the person to whom we issue the Card; (b) the person receiving the Card; and (c) the person using the Card. The terms "we," "us," and "our," mean Conestoga Bank, and its successors, agents, and assigns.
ABOUT YOUR SHARING CARD
You have received the Card with a U.S. Dollar amount fixed at the time of purchase. You authorize us to transfer any unused value left on the Card after eighteen (18) months to the charity disclosed at the time the Card is purchased. The Card and funds will expire the same day. Unless we otherwise agree, we sell Cards with a minimum value of $25.00 and a maximum value of $750.00. You acknowledge and agree that the amount available on the Card is limited to the prepaid U.S. Dollar value fixed at the time of purchase. The Card is not a credit card or an automated teller machine card. The prepaid value is not an account and is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other federal or state agency. You have no separate, distinct deposit account established for you with us that is associated with the Card. Your Card's prepaid value cannot be increased after the Card is issued or replaced after the value is used. The prepaid value will decrease as you use the Card, or you incur, or we assess, a fee or charge. We do not pay interest on the balance on your Card. The Card is our property and we reserve the right to cancel, repossess, or revoke its use at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable law. If you permit someone else to use your Card, we will treat this use as if you have authorized that person to use your Card and you will be responsible for any transactions initiated by such person with your Card, with or without your knowledge. Purchases of Cards are final, and resale of Cards are strictly prohibited.
BEFORE USING YOUR SHARING CARD
Before using your Card, you must sign your signature on the back where indicated. Once the Card is signed, it cannot be transferred to anyone else. Write down the Card number, Card Security Code (the last three digits printed on the back of the Card) and the Customer Service number, 866-437-2265, on a separate piece of paper in case the Card is lost, stolen, or destroyed. We urge you to register the Card in your name at http://www.consumercardaccess.com/sharingcard promptly, upon receipt. By registering the Card, we can establish your relationship to the Card in the event it is lost, stolen, or destroyed. If you are required to activate the Card, instructions will be provided on the face of the Card.
USING YOUR SHARING CARD
You may use your Card as often as you like to obtain goods and services up to the value of the Card. Each time you use your Card, we will deduct the amount of the transaction from the remaining value associated with the Card. The Card is not reloadable and cannot be used after its value reaches zero. To pay for purchases at merchants that accept Visa® debit cards, you should use it as you would a credit card, by selecting the "credit" payment option and signing the sale receipt. You may also use your Card for purchases at POS terminals that display the NYCE® symbol and require a Personal Identification Number ("PIN"). You are responsible for keeping track of the available balance on your Card. Merchants generally will not be able to determine the available balance on your Card, so you need to know the exact balance BEFORE making a purchase. To obtain your available balance, Card Transaction History or assign a PIN to your Sharing Card, visit us online at http://www.consumercardaccess.com/sharingcard or call 866-437-2265. Customer Service is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. We strongly urge you to review regularly your Card's online transaction history. Your failure to review could affect your rights with regard to unauthorized transactions or transaction errors. If you use your Card for more than its available value, you agree to pay us the difference upon demand. If you have a problem with a purchase that you make with the Card, or if you have a dispute with a merchant, you must deal directly with the merchant. If you are entitled to a refund for any reason relating to a Card transaction, you agree to accept the refund under the policy of that merchant.
THE CARD CANNOT BE USED:
- To obtain cash; or
- For any unlawful purpose (for example, funding any account that is set up to facilitate Internet gambling); or
- To make regular, preauthorized payments to third parties.
You further agree to take steps to ensure that you will not use your Card for any transaction that is illegal under the laws governing your Account. In addition, we reserve the right to deny transactions or authorizations from merchants apparently engaging in the Internet gambling business or identifying themselves through the Card transactions record or otherwise as engaged in such business.
PURCHASES GREATER THAN THE VALUE ON YOUR SHARING CARD:
COMBINING FORMS OF PAYMENT AND SPLIT TENDER TRANSACTIONS
If you wish to use your Card to purchase an item for more than the available balance on the Card, subject to the merchant's policy, you may be able to use your Card toward a portion of the purchase price and then use another form of payment to pay the balance of the purchase price. This is called a "split tender" transaction because you would be "splitting" the purchase price between your Card and another form of payment. Before you request a "split tender" transaction, please call Customer Service at 866-437-2265 to confirm the available balance on your Card. Then, you MUST ask the merchant if two forms of payment will be accepted for the purchase you wish to make. If the merchant agrees, first request that the merchant debit or charge a specific dollar amount on the Card and then use the other form of payment to pay the remaining balance. Some retailers, particularly department stores, will only allow a "split tender" transaction if the second form of payment is cash or check. Internet and most mail order merchants do not permit "split tender" transactions. We do not guarantee that the merchant will accept two forms of payment.
USE AT GASOLINE MERCHANTS
If you use your Card for gasoline purchases, you must pay with the Card at the cashier station, not at the pump. The Card cannot be used for "you Pay at the Pump" transactions.
USE AT RESTAURANTS, HOTELS, AND SIMILAR MERCHANTS
When a merchant with employees receiving tips (e.g., restaurants, spas, hair salons, etc.) requests approval to complete your transaction, the Preauthorization Request amount will include a fixed percentage (approximately 20% or more) to the amount reflected on the bill presented to you prior to payment. This additional amount is meant to cover the tip or possible additional charges that the merchant expects you will add to the bill. A merchant in the travel business (such as a hotel, car rental agency, or cruise line) will also verify that your Card has sufficient funds to pay an anticipated bill for services you are requesting. The anticipated bill may be greater than the actual bill when you check out, return the rental car, etc. (even though only the actual amount of the bill ultimately will be deducted from your account). As a result of this increased Preauthorization Request, if you have insufficient available balance on your Card to cover the Preauthorization Request amount, your Card may be declined. If you have more than sufficient available balance on your Card to cover the Preauthorization Request amount, it may result in a "hold" on your available balance for the additional amount if you do not add the amount they expect. Once the merchant sends us the final transaction amount you designate, we will remove the "hold" on your available balance for any additional amount exceeding the final transaction amount. This may take up to 3 business days from the transaction date and during this period you will not be able to use any balance subject to this "hold". TO AVOID A DECLINE OF, OR A HOLD ON, YOUR AVAILABLE BALANCE, YOU CAN ASK THE MERCHANT TO AUTHORIZE A SPECIFIC DOLLAR AMOUNT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE MERCHANT WILL FULFILL THIS REQUEST.
INTERNET AND MAIL ORDER PURCHASES
Internet, mail, and phone order purchases may require that we have the correct name and home address of the Card owner on file. If you wish to make Internet or mail order purchases, you will need to go to http://www.consumercardaccess.com/sharingcard and register your Card by entering your name and home address prior to performing an Internet, mail, or phone order transaction.
LOST OR STOLEN CARDS
Inform us IMMEDIATELY at 866-437-2265 if you believe your Card has been lost, stolen, or subject to unauthorized use.
Keep a record of your Card number, Card Security Code (the last three digits printed on the back of the Card) and the provider contact information in a safe place, separate from the Card.
You will be required to provide your name, Card number and other identifying details in order for that Card to be cancelled.
We cannot provide a replacement Card if you do not have your Card number available and have not previously registered the Card with us.
If a replacement Card can be issued and our records show that there is still an available balance remaining on the Card, that available balance will be transferred to the replacement Card.
Subject to applicable law, we will deduct a $5.00 replacement Card fee from your available balance.
For the purpose of this Agreement, our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
A record of updated daily Card transactions may be viewed online by visiting us at http://www.consumercardaccess.com/sharingcard. If you do not have online access or if you cannot obtain transaction history online, recent transactions may be obtained by calling Customer Service 866-437-2265. Your failure to review your Card transaction history could affect your rights.
UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS AND ERROR RESOLUTION PROCEDURES
Disputes with Merchants: You agree to make a good faith effort to settle all disputes about purchases you make using your Card with the merchant who accepted the Card.
Refunds and returns are subject to the merchant's policies or applicable law.
Unauthorized use: Inform us IMMEDIATELY at 866-437-2265 to have your Card cancelled.
Notices within 60 days of the posting of the unauthorized transaction on the online transaction history. You have zero liability for an unauthorized transaction made with your Card or Card number if you notify us of the unauthorized transaction within 60 days of the posting of such transaction on the online transaction history. The 60-day period commences to run even if you do not access your transaction history online.
Notices more than 60 days after posting of the unauthorized transaction on the online transaction history. If you do not notify us within this 60-day period, you must prove to our satisfaction that the transaction was unauthorized. Use of your Card is "authorized" if it is used by you or anyone to who you have given actual, implied, or apparent authority. You may be required to provide documentation to support your claim, including an affidavit of unauthorized use and a police report. Additionally, in evaluating your claim, we consider whether any negligence on your part contributed to the transaction in question.
Some of the factors we consider in connection with this evaluation include:
- Timely reporting of lost Card - whether you reported any loss or theft of your Card to us within 48 hours of discovery of the loss or theft.
- Prompt review of online transaction history - whether you promptly reviewed the online transaction history. If you do not have Internet access, you may also call us at 866-437-2265 for the card's transaction history.
- Prompt report of unauthorized transaction - whether, following your discovery of an unauthorized use of your Card on your transaction history, you report the unauthorized transaction to us within 48 hours of the discovery.
- Safeguarding of Card - whether you exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your Card and Card number from loss or theft.
Multiple prior incidents - whether you reported multiple incidents of unauthorized use to us within the 12-month period immediately preceding your claim, and the facts and circumstances surrounding those incidents.
For more information regarding our Unauthorized Use or Error Resolution Procedures call Card Services at 866-437-2265. You can also write to us at: Cardholder Services, 213 West Street Road, Feasterville, Pennsylvania 19053.
SHARING CARD UNUSED BALANCE CHARITY TRANSFER AFTER EIGHTEEN (18) MONTHS
Eighteen (18) months after your purchase, your use of the Card will be cancelled and you authorize us to transfer any unused balance to the charity disclosed at the time of purchase as a charitable contribution. The Card and funds will expire the same day. We may revoke the Card at any time without cause or notice. You must surrender a revoked Card and may not use it to make purchases.
We encourage you to use your Card immediately. There are no fees when using the Card to purchase goods and services within the U.S. You have unlimited free access to balance and transaction information online at www.consumercardaccess.com/sharingcard and via phone at 866-437-2265. The following fees may apply and will be deducted from the available balance on the Card, except where prohibited or modified by applicable law:
CARD REPLACEMENT FEE : A $5.00 fee will be charged to your Card if the Card is replaced.
FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE : When a Card is used at a merchant that settles out of the United States, you will be charged an International Transaction Fee of 1%. This fee will post within 5 business days after the original transaction has posted.
We have the option of having card transactions converted to U.S. Dollars by Visa, as described above, or by the merchant itself. If the latter option is chosen, the currency conversion rate is determined by the merchant involved in the transaction, and we do not charge a foreign currency conversion fee for the transaction.
BANK'S LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSFERS
If we do not complete a transaction arising from the use of your Card on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, if any, we will be liable to you for losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough available balance on your Card to cover a transaction.
- If the system was not working properly.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as flood or fire) prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
We are not liable to you in any case for special, punitive, or consequential damages or for any incidental expenses incurred by you, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees.
CHANGING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We may change the terms of, or add a new term to, this Agreement or change any feature of, or add a new feature to, the Card, and we will give you notice of such change in term or feature, or of such new term or feature, as required by law, by sending a notice to you to your last address as shown on our records, if any, or by posting a notice online.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Generally, absent your consent, we will not disclose information about your Card or its transactions, but may do so under the following circumstances: (i) to comply with a statute, regulation, or rule; (ii) in connection with examinations by state and federal banking authorities; (iii) to comply with any legal process, including, without limitation, a subpoena, search warrant, or other order of a government agency or court; (iv) when we determine that disclosure is necessary or appropriate in order to complete a transaction; (v) to verify the existence and condition of your Card for a third party, such as a merchant or credit bureau; (vi) to provide information to your legal representative or successor; (vii) to report the involuntary cancellation and revocation of your Card; (viii) when we conclude that disclosure is necessary to protect you, your Card, or our interests; (ix) to our agents, independent contractors, and other representatives in connection with the servicing or processing of your Card or its transactions, or similar purposes; (x) to our affiliated companies; or (xi) if you give your permission.
To the extent federal law is not applicable, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall govern this Agreement without regard to that state's conflict of laws principles. We may waive any of the provisions or conditions of this Agreement, but any such waiver shall be effective only on that occasion and shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of the waived provision or condition on any other occasion.